Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Introducing Charlie Weidanz, our new executive director

Dear Friends,

It is with great pleasure that I introduce myself as the new Executive Director of Abilities United. This exciting opportunity fulfills my personal goal of leading a premier human service agency that is committed to inclusive, meaningful work in the community.

Abilities United has clearly changed lives in ways not imagined even a decade ago. Throughout my 30+ year career with the YMCA, I too, have been committed to providing meaningful and impactful services for people with disabilities with a focus on inclusion. As the new Executive Director, I pledge to closely collaborate with our talented staff to help the children and adults, families, and community we serve reach a new level of inclusion and contribution.

I have quickly come to respect this agency and the passion and commitment of
the staff, volunteers, donors and partners. Together, we will build on Abilities United’s strong foundation to further benefit the organization and position it for the future. We will continue to adapt to the growing and emerging needs of our community. My goal is to further develop and enhance our lifetime of services for people with disabilities, their families, and all community members who can benefit from them.

I proudly take the reins as we strive to make Abilities United a lead agency that drives the true inclusion of people of all abilities. I look forward to beginning this exciting new phase of Abilities United with you.

Over the next months, we will be in touch with you regarding Abilities United events that give me an opportunity to meet you. In the meantime, if you have any questions or just want to say hello, feel free to email charliew@AbilitiesUnited.org, call me at 650-618-3312, or stop by my office.

Thank you for your commitment and dedication to Abilities United and the people who need and benefit from our services.

Sincerely,

Charlie Weidanz
Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment